About CYTOCON DB Open
CYTOCON (Cell and cYTOkine CONcentrations) is an initiative project undertaken by InSysBio team and aimed at the development of a database that allows collecting, processing and visualizing publicly available data on immune cells and cytokine baseline concentrations in humans.
CYTOCON DB is a database of human baseline concentrations of cytokines and cells measured in different tissues of healthy subjects and patients suffering from various pathologies.
CYTOCON DB is accessible via purchasing the commercial license. You can visit www.cytocon.insysbio.com for more details. CYTOCON DB Open is reduced and free version of CYTOCON DB designed for public use. CYTOCON DB Open differs from CYTOCON DB in content and functional features of both front and back ends.
Both content and functionality of CYTOCON DB Open will be updated once per year.
Key features of CYTOCON DB Open:
- Search for cell/cytokine concentration for selected disease, tissue (or a group of diseases and tissues), patient group.
- Search query for cell concentration may include a list of cell markers: i.e. for Th2-cell - CD4+, IL4+
- Search query may include following patient group attributes:
- demographic characteristics (age, race, gender, etc);
- number of patients in the study.
Search query may take into account disease-specific clinically measured characteristics, for example:
- Asthma: FEV1;
- SLE: SLEDAI range, interferon signature;
- Atopic Dermatitis: SCORAD range, severity, range of IgE concentration;
- Unification of measurement units: conversion of source original units to “pM” for cytokine and “kcell/L” for cell concentration.
- Table representation of search results: average value and dispersion of concentration of cell/cytokine in original and unified units, tissue type, data source, patient group and disease attributes are specified.
- Graphic representation of search results: average value, dispersion, source.
- Export of search results in csv format
Content of CYTOCON DB Open version:
- Airway (bronchial) epithelium
- Airway lamina propria
- Airway smooth muscle
- Basement membrane of epidermis
- Basement membrane of epidermis lesional
- Basement membrane of epidermis nonlesional
- Benign lung lesion homogenates
- Blood arterial
- Blood from tumor
- Bone marrow
- Bronchial glands
- Bronchial mucosa
- Bronchial subepithelial tissue
- Bronchial submucosa
- Bronchial tissue
- Bronchial wash
- Bronchoalveolar carcinoma tumor tissue
- Broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL)
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)
- Colonic lamina propria
- Dermis papillary
- Dermis papillary lesional
- Dermis papillary nonlesional
- Dermis upper
- Dermis upper lesional
- Dermis upper nonlesional
- Endobronchial (airway) biopsies
- Esophageal tumor tissue lysate
- Exhaled Breath Condensate
- Gastric tissue
- Gastric tumor tissue
- Induced Sputum
- Intratumor soft tissue of synovial sarcoma
- Invasive margin of tumor soft tissue of synovial sarcoma
- Lesional dermis
- Lesional epidermis
- Lesional skin
- Lung adenocarcinoma tumor tissue
- Lung cancer tissue
- Lung tissue
- Lymph node
- Melanoma peritumoral tissue
- Melanoma tumor tissue
- Non-lesional dermis
- Non-lesional epidermis
- Non-lesional skin
- NSCLC peritumoral tissue
- NSCLC tumor islets (nests)
- NSCLC tumor stroma
- NSCLC tumor tissue
- Pericardial effusion
- Peripheral bronchial biopsy specimens
- Plasma arterial
- Plasma from cord blood
- Pleural effusion
- Serum from tumor
- Small intestine
- Squamous cell carcinoma tumor tissue
- Stroma region of colon
- Suction Blister Fluids
- Transbronchial (alveolar tissue) biopsies
- Tumor region of colon
- 13755 values of cytokine/cell concentrations;
- data extracted from 527 papers/other public sources.
CYTOCON DB Open is developed as a web application based on the ASP.NET MVC framework. It works under Microsoft IIS web server. The data warehouse is a Microsoft SQL Server database. The user interface application is implemented using Telerik Kendo UI and Bootstrap.
Access to Cytocon DB Open
To start working with CYTOCON DB Open use following credentials:
e-mail for correspondence: email@example.com